Hey y’all! I’m back this week with something about me. I’ve been posting poems for the last 3-4 weeks and I’m so grateful for the immense amount of love that I’ve received over these few days.
I decided to tell y’all a little about myself and so, here it goes!
1. I was raised by a single mother. Many people find it weird and absurd and ask me if I’ve ever felt the need to have a fatherly figure in my life. And my answer to that, is, and always will be no. My mom played the roles of being a father, a mother, a working woman, a homemaker and many other things so effortlessly, it’s hard to imagine someone else in her place.
2. My nationality is Indian. I live in the state of Maharashtra in the city of Mumbai. Mumbai is where I’ve spent my entire life. It’s the city of dreams and hopes and aspirations and the thought of calling any other place or city my home is just unimaginable.
3. I’m an avid reader, and a major movie buff. Some of my favourite movies are : The Great Gatsby, The Hours, The Whole Godfather Series, Shutter Island, Wolf Of Wall Street, Erin Brockovich, The Reader and so many more.
4. Music runs through my veins. There’s no other way to describe my love for music. One day, I might share my playlist but for now, that’s enough. I have the most haphazard and yet a very good taste in music. My playlist has music from all genres, from country to blues to alternative to generic pop and every other genre.
5. I love watching Shows. I’m super sensitive so shows which on the drama lines with sensitive issues make me cry. I mean, I cried reams and reams of tears when I was watching This Is Us(But I mean who hasn’t). That show is the most human and real show I’ve ever watched. Hats off to the makers and the actors for their conviction and their ability to play their respective roles with such perfection.
6. I’m very organised, it maybe close to the Monica level. I’m not a clean or a neat freak per se but I love organising my things. It just leaves me with this weird satisfaction.
7. I have a major obsession with shoes and watches. Don’t even get me started on my collection because it will wreck your minds. My shoes and watches are neatly organised for every different occassion. It’s just an obsession I can never get rid of.
8. I love traveling (I mean who doesn’t¿?!). I have a travel diary with pictures of places I’ve visited, various anecdotes, my love for travelling is immense.
9. I know quite a few languages. I can speak Hindi, English and Marathi fluently. I learnt french in school so I know a bit of that. I’m learning Spanish now because I’ve always had a passion for español! So, I’m quite good in that.
10. Last thing, my favourite book at present is The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri. That book is one of the best books I’ve ever read. The book is about the world of Bengalis in the United States and about a boy named Gogol who slowly grows uncomfortable with his name and the struggles of having it. It’s my top recommendation because it gives you the ability to feel something, to understand the person’s thoughts and emotions and it gives you this very unique ability of empathizing with the character which is something so rare.
That completes 10 facts about me. I urge every blogger to do this. We must get to know each other beyond our writing and beyond the virtual world. It’s only then can this community of bloggers expand and grow further. Urging everyone to do a post stating 10 facts about them.
And, Tag Me when you do the post so that I get the opportunity of seeing who you are and knowing you.
Next post coming up in a few weeks. Until then, stay tuned!
Follow me on Instagram – @avaneeshh
Follow me on Twitter – @AvaneeshMepani